Sweet potato noodles, also known as shirataki noodles, are a low-carb and gluten-free alternative to traditional pasta. They have a unique texture and a subtle sweet flavor, making them a great addition to a variety of dishes. In this article, we’ll show you how to cook sweet potato noodles to perfection.
- 1 package of sweet potato noodles
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Rinse the noodles thoroughly under running water. This helps to remove any odor and improve the texture.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the sweet potato noodles to the pan and stir to combine with the garlic and oil.
- Cook the noodles for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through and slightly softened.
- Season the noodles with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve the sweet potato noodles as a side dish or use them as a base for stir-fry, soup, or any other dish of your choice.
Note: Sweet potato noodles have a delicate texture, so be careful not to overcook them. Overcooking can cause the noodles to become mushy and lose their shape.
In conclusion, sweet potato noodles are a healthy and versatile alternative to traditional pasta. Give them a try and experiment with different flavor combinations to find your favorite. Happy cooking!