Find out the best seasoning for beef and download a printable cheat sheet for your kitchen if you’ve ever wondered what spices to use when cooking it.
How to Season Ground Beef
- Heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Add chopped onion to the pan and cook until tender.
- Next add ground beef, garlic, and seasonings. Stir.
- 15 minutes more of cooking and stirring is required to brown the beef.
- Enjoy in tacos, in spaghetti sauce, chili, etc.
How to Freeze Ground Beef
- Let ground beef completely cool.
- Place the beef flat on the counter after placing it in a freezer bag.
- Remove any additional air from the freezer bag, then firmly close it.
- Label the bag with a sharpie. (Don’t forget to date it. ).
- For up to four months, cooked ground beef can be kept in the freezer.
Here are some the items I use to cook with:
*This post contains affiliate links.
You will be amazed at how much less stressful dinner time is when you have ready portioned and cooked to perfection meat that you can grab out of the freezer at any time! Your life is about to get so much easier.
It would mean so much to us if you tried this recipe and liked it by leaving a comment and giving it a high rating.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Add oil to a heavy duty pan over medium-high heat.
- Break up the ground beef and add to the pan, distributing evenly.
- Add onion, garlic and dry seasonings, stir.
- 15 minutes more of cooking and stirring is required to brown the meat.
- Enjoy in any simple dinner recipe, including chili, tacos, pasta, lasagna, and stroganoff!
Try some of these super easy ground beef dinner recipes:
Originally posted on August 16th, 2017, this article has been updated with a video and more information.