Find out how simple it is to make homemade beef tips and gravy on the stovetop or in a crock pot. With mashed potatoes, egg noodles, or rice, these sirloin tips are covered in the tastiest brown gravy.
Why We Love this Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this recipe. It is a tasty, hearty, and affordable way to feed your family. It is also simple to make. In no time, this recipe will become a favorite among the family!
The gravy is so rich and flavorful, and the meat is extra tender.
Toss in leftover veggies and serve with leftover rice, potatoes, or pasta noodles and a side of garlic bread for an easy meal! This recipe is also simple to stretch thanks to the endless additions and serving options!
BEEF TIPSTypically, the tender portions of the tenderloin top are known as beef tips. Alternatively, they could be sirloin tips from larger roasts, which are frequently marketed as “stew meat” or, in this instance, the more enticing-sounding “beef tips.” ’.
GRAVY To make this gravy, combine a cornstarch mixture with a mixture of beef broth and onion soup. Additionally, you can thicken this gravy by making a roux with flour.
How to Cook Beef Tips
These are incredibly simple to prepare and only require one pot for cleanup.
- Brown beef with oil and add onions.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer until beef is tender.
- Thicken gravy with cornstarch, add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve over egg noodles, rice, or a bed of mashed potatoes. Perfection!.
These are just a few of the mouthwatering sides that go well with beef.
Beef tips with gravy make for great leftovers!
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to reheat.
- Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop, and add a little salt and pepper to give it a flavor boost.
You can also freeze beef tips with gravy in zippered bags; just make sure to label them with the date. They should keep for about two months.
Did you like this beef advice?
Beef Tips & Gravy
- ▢ 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ▢ 1 onion chopped
- ▢ 2 pounds cubed chuck or stew meat
- ▢ 10 ½ ounces beef broth
- ▢ 10 ½ ounces French onion soup condensed
- ▢ 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ▢ 1 bay leaf
- ▢ salt & pepper to taste
- ▢ 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ▢ ⅓ cup water
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in a big pot or Dutch oven. Beef should be salted and peppered, then browned in batches. Remove beef from the pot and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium, add remaining oil and onion. Cook until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add soup, Worcestershire sauce, beef, broth, and bay leaf to the pot. When the beef is fork tender, bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce heat to simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- To thicken gravy, combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold water. Little by little, while stirring, pour into the beef until the desired consistency is reached.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Discard bay leaf and serve over mashed potatoes.
The estimated nutritional information is subject to change depending on the cooking techniques and ingredient brands used.
© SpendWithPennies. com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. It is strictly against the law to copy and paste entire recipes onto any social media platform. Please view my photo use policy here.
Like our recipes? Follow us on Pinterest!
Beef Tips Recipe – How to Make Beef Tips and Gravy
How long do you cook steak tips for?
Approximately 4 minutes on each side, or a temperature of 130–135 degrees Fahrenheit, is required for medium-rare steak tips. approximately five minutes on each side, or an internal temperature of 135 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit, for medium steak tips. Approximately six minutes on each side, or 145–155 degrees Fahrenheit, is required for medium-well steak tips.
Do beef tips get more tender the longer they cook?
Beef tips, like any tough piece of meat, will benefit from a lengthy, low-temperature cooking session. The most crucial thing to remember is that food becomes more tender the longer it cooks. The meat will become incredibly tender while simmering in the beef broth.
How long does it take beef to get tender?
Once the meat is tender enough for you, check on it periodically, add 1 cup of water, stir it in, and cook it for a further few minutes on medium heat. Beef should be fully cooked in about 30 minutes total, depending on the amount, size, and cut of meat you use.
How long to cook steak tips at 400?
Depending on how rare you like your steak, cook the steak at 400 degrees for 8 to 12 minutes. The steak bites must be turned over once during each cooking cycle.