Imagine enjoying this tender roast beef on a summer picnic sandwiched between warm buttered bread and barbecue sauce. This smoked brisket sandwich is sure to be a snack that everyone will enjoy, and we will be teaching you how to make it using readily available ingredients in this simple BBQ brisket sandwich recipe. It is best served with onion rings and ice cold soft drinks.
Chopped, Sliced or Pulled Brisket?
The question of whether to chop or slice the meat may arise, and for these sandwiches, I prefer to chop the brisket for a number of reasons. One benefit is that you get every part of the brisket (flat, point, chips, burnt ends, etc.), which gives you the most flavor. ) in one sandwich. Second, it makes use of the tiny scraps and chunks left over after slicing, etc. Third, I believe it is simply easier and more enjoyable to eat. However, brisket slices will also work great.
How to Make a Brisket Sandwich
- Get rid of the burnt ends and chop the brisket; then, heat it in a skillet with your preferred barbecue sauce.
- While the brisket warms, toast the brioche buns.
- Create the sandwiches by layering pickles or relish on the bottom, then BBQ brisket, coleslaw, pickled red onions, or any other desired toppings.
Ciabatta rolls hold up well and dont get soggy. Brioche buns are my preferred choice because of their flavor and texture.
It can be heated through in a warm oven or chopped and heated with BBQ sauce in a skillet over medium heat.
With brioche buns, 13 pound, or roughly 5 oz, per sandwich is ideal, but if you’re particularly hungry, you might want to add even more, or less if using Hawaiian rolls.
What Goes Well with Brisket Sandwiches?
Brisket sandwiches pair well with a variety of sides. Here are some of my favorites:
I don’t typically prefer IPAs, but they make a great pairing with brisket when it comes to beer. A stout or a Belgian Strong pair well with brisket because they can withstand any really flavorful beer.
More Leftover Brisket Ideas
- 10 oz cooked brisket
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 brioche or ciabatta buns (lightly toasted)
Optional but highly recommended toppings
- ¼ cup bread & butter pickles or sweet pickle relish
- 1 cup slaw
- ¼ cup pickled red onions
- The leftover brisket should first be chopped; this is easiest when it’s warm. Use all the pieces from the burnt ends.
- Add the chopped brisket to a skillet over medium heat, along with the BBQ sauce, and stir until thoroughly combined and heated. About 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put pickles or relish on the bottom of the toasted buns before adding the brisket, slaw, and pickled red onions to the top of the sandwiches. Serve immediately.
- This recipe is for 2 sandwiches. To adjust the portions to your needs, use the scale tool in this recipe card.
- Using chopped brisket is what I advise, but you can also use sliced or shredded meat.
- If you prefer, you can also add BBQ sauce to the buns when using sliced brisket.
- Use this as a general guide, but adjust the amounts to suit your tastes. Use however much or how little barbecue sauce you prefer. More or less slaw, etc.
- Serve these right away so the buns dont get soggy. Simply keep all the ingredients separate if you plan to eat later and assemble just before you do.
More Posts You Will Love
What To Do With Leftover Brisket | Top 3 Recipes
What do you serve with brisket sandwiches?
The following are some of the top side dishes to pair with beef brisket: Baked Potato Bar. German Potato Salad. Tomato Cucumber Salad. Instant Pot Mac and Cheese.
What is the best bun for brisket sandwich?
My preferred bun, roll, or bread is a warm brioche bun, but ciabatta rolls are also delicious and hold up well without becoming soggy. Quality white bread can also be used. Just be careful not to use anything too crunchy or hard because it will detract from the tender brisket.
Can you eat cold brisket sandwiches?
The brisket should be heated separately in the microwave or on the stovetop before being added to the sandwich. Although you can actually eat this sandwich either way, I prefer it warm.
How do you cut a brisket for a sandwich?
Brisket Slicing Instructions: A Step-by-Step GuideSlice the brisket in half lengthwise. Trim any excess fat off the top of the brisket. Cut off the tip. Slice the brisket flat. Cut the brisket point section in half widthwise. Slice the brisket point pieces against the grain.