There is sure to be a salad on this list that you’ll love, ranging from hearty potato salads to light and refreshing green salads.
So the next time you make corned beef and cabbage, try one (or all!) of these recipes!
Strawberry Spinach Salad
I’m absolutely in love with this Strawberry Spinach Salad!
It’s the ideal balance of sweet and savory flavors, and it’s also incredibly simple to prepare.
Here are some of my favorite modifications to this salad to make it even tastier:
- Add in some feta cheese for a salty flavor
- For a crunchy texture, add a sprinkle of candied walnuts on top.
- Add a balsamic vinaigrette for a fresh, tangy flavor.
- For more protein, try including some grilled chicken or salmon.
My advice is to allow the salad to sit for a minimum of 15 minutes after dressing it to allow the flavors to meld.
One of my preferred salads to pair with corned beef and cabbage is this one.
Simple and delicious, the Caprese Salad is a traditional Italian dish.
Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil are combined, then some olive oil and balsamic vinegar are drizzled on top.
Here are some suggestions for adding a creative twist:
- Add a few slices of avocado for a creamy texture
- Pour some honey or agave syrup on top for a touch of sweetness.
- Add some grilled chicken for a protein-packed meal
- Toss in some crunchy cucumbers
- Sprinkle a few nuts on top for a nutty flavor
For the best results, follow my advice and use fresh, high-quality ingredients.
Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
This Corn Tomato Avocado Salad is to die for; it’s a flavorful, light, and healthy meal that’s simple to prepare and bursting with flavor.
You can try the following entertaining variations to make it your own:
- Add some diced jalapeños for a spicy kick
- Throw in a few tablespoons of crumbled feta cheese
- Top it off with a drizzle of honey mustard dressing
- Garnish with fresh cilantro
And here’s a pro tip: you can substitute canned corn for fresh corn if you’re short on time.
I adore Waldorf Salad because it’s a traditional but inventive salad that works for any occasion.
It is a flavor-filled meal because it combines crunchy apples, celery, and walnuts with creamy mayonnaise, tangy lemon juice, and a hint of sweetness from the grapes.
Here are some creative ways to twist up Waldorf Salad:
- Add diced avocado for an extra creamy texture and flavor
- Swap the grapes for dried cranberries for a sweet-tart kick
- Sprinkle in some blue cheese crumbles for a savory twist
- Try adding diced jicama for a crunchy-sweet addition
- Add some toasted pecans for a nuttier flavor
Make sure to generously season your Waldorf salad with salt. The flavors will be enhanced and the dish will really shine thanks to this.
Crunchy Broccoli Salad
I occasionally prefer some crunch with my corned beef and cabbage.
That’s why I love this Crunchy Broccoli Salad.
It is simple to prepare, satisfyingly crunchy, and contains the ideal amount of zesty flavor.
Here are some creative twists you can make:
- To add a sweet and sour twist, mix in some diced apples or cranberries.
- Sprinkle some sunflower seeds on top for a nutty flavor.
- Add some feta cheese for a salty kick.
My advice: Try toasting the almond slices in the oven if you want to add more crunch. It’ll give you a great crunchy texture.
Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
I’m a huge fan of this Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad.
It’s packed with flavor, texture, and lots of nutrition.
Additionally, it’s simple to make and tailor to your preferences.
Here are some inventive changes you can make to elevate it:
- For a spicy kick, mix in a few tablespoons of diced jalapenos.
- Red bell peppers, diced, can be added for a touch of sweetness.
- Substitute black beans for the corn for a heartier salad
- Top with crushed tortilla chips for a delicious crunch
- Mix in a few tablespoons of salsa for extra flavor
Add some grilled chicken or any other cooked protein of your choice for more protein.
10 Salads that Go with Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Wedge Salad
- Caesar Salad
- Kale Salad
- Greek Salad
- Strawberry Spinach Salad
- Caprese Salad
- Corn Tomato Avocado Salad
- Waldorf Salad
- Crunchy Broccoli Salad
- Southwest Chicken Chopped Salad
- From this list, choose your favorite salad to accompany your meal.
- Prepare the ingredients according to the recipe.
- Enjoy in no time!
Canned Corned Beef Recipes and Corned Beef Pickle Dip
What are the traditional side dishes?
Some common side dishes include:Asparagus. Baked beans. Baked potatoes. Broccoli. Cabbage. Cauliflower. Coleslaw. Dinner rolls or other breads.
What is the best thing to eat with corned beef hash?
Fried eggs, toasted sourdough bread, scotch eggs, bagel bites, crispy green beans, shakshuka, grilled tomatoes, baked beans, coleslaw, sautéed mushrooms, green salad, and hash browns are the ideal side dishes to serve with corned beef hash.
What pairs well with corned beef?
Asian Cabbage Salad is one of the best sides to serve with corned beef. Potato Gratin. Roasted Red Potatoes. Classic Glazed Carrots. Blanched Green Beans. Soft Dinner Rolls. Sauerkraut. Marinated Artichoke Hearts.
What do the Irish eat with corned beef?
Since cabbage was one of the least expensive vegetables available to Irish immigrants, it was served alongside the corned beef.