With over 40 of the best side dishes to serve with your roast beef, we have you covered if you’re wondering what to serve. We categorize the collection into a number of typical categories, such as potatoes, salads, and vegetables.
The best meal to prepare for the holidays or to serve on the weekend is a good roast beef dinner, which is guaranteed to bring the family together around the table.
Every Sunday, my grandmother would make roast beef, and I have happy memories of entering the house to the aroma of roasting meat.
Even though the beef serves as the main course of such a Sunday roast, a delectable selection of side dishes really makes it a special, filling meal. Check out our collection of recipes for ideas on how to put together your menu.
To decide what to serve with your roast beef dinner, look through all of the recipes or navigate to the category of interest. Many of the sides in our “What to serve with pork ribs?” collection could also be used if you need more suggestions. [feast_advanced_jump_to].
We’re assuming that you came to this article on roast beef recipes to learn about sides to serve with the meat. But here are some of our favorites if you’re also looking for beef recipe ideas.
What is the best way to prepare oven fries as a side dish for roast beef on a bun?
Oven fries can be prepared in a variety of ways as a side dish for roast beef on a bun. Here are some suggestions:
- Before placing the potatoes evenly on a baking sheet, coat them with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cut fries should be soaked in cold water for ten minutes, drained, and thoroughly dried before baking.
- Before baking, soak the cut potatoes in cold water for about 30 minutes, then drain and blot them dry.
- Dry the raw fries completely before adding oil after soaking them in cold water for 20 to 30 minutes to remove surface starch.
- To remove starch, soak the potato wedges in hot water for 10 minutes. Then, spread them out in a single layer on a sheet pan that has been lightly greased.
Can you suggest any vegetarian side dishes that pair well with roast beef on a bun?
To go with roast beef on a bun, there are plenty of vegetarian side dishes. Some suggestions include:
- Roasted vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, or Brussels sprouts
- A salad with mixed greens, tomatoes, and cucumbers
- Grilled or roasted portobello mushrooms
- Spaghetti squash with tomatoes and olives
- Mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Rice pilaf or quinoa salad
- Grilled or roasted asparagus
- Sauteed green beans with garlic and lemon
How do you make the perfect Yorkshire pudding to go with roast beef on a bun?
You can follow these general instructions to make the ideal Yorkshire pudding to serve with roast beef on a bun:
- Depending on the recipe, preheat the oven to 375–450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter or beef tallow should be used to grease a skillet or muffin pan.
- For at least 5 to 10 minutes, preheat the greased pan or skillet in the oven.
- While the tin is heating, make the batter by thoroughly combining the flour, eggs, milk, and salt.
- Pour the batter into the skillet or ladle it into each cup once the tin is hot.
- The Yorkshire pudding should be baked for 15 to 25 minutes, or until golden and puffy.
- Serve the Yorkshire pudding with roast beef on a bun.
Are there any specific seasoning or herb blends that work particularly well with roast beef as a main course?
Yes, a number of herbs and spices pair well with roast beef when served as a main course. Garlic, onion, rosemary, oregano, basil, sage, thyme, parsley, and paprika are a few common ingredients. These herbs and spices can give the beef bold, flavorful highlights that will improve the meat’s flavor.
What are some creative ways to serve leftovers from a roast beef on a bun meal?
The leftovers from a roast beef on a bun meal can be prepared in a variety of inventive ways. Some ideas include:
- Making a roast beef sandwich with cheese and horseradish sauce
- preparing a casserole with vegetables and gravy using the beef
- Using the beef in a bean and beef burrito after shredding it
- Making a beef hotpot with potatoes and other vegetables
- preparing a stir-fry with rice and vegetables using the beef
- Making a beef and vegetable soup
- making a shepherd’s pie with mashed potatoes and vegetables using the beef
Barbecued Roast Beef on a Bun – Food Wishes
What side goes with beef on a bun?
Yorkshire puddings, crispy roast potatoes, suet pudding, English mustard, or horseradish sauce, as well as vegetables like red cabbage, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and parsnips, are typical traditional sides served with roast beef.
What is a good side for roast beef sandwiches?
Beef up dinner with these sides. Mom’s Scalloped Potatoes. Sky High Yorkshire Pudding. Honey Dijon Brussels Sprouts. Quick and Easy Mashed Sweet Potatoes. Balsamic Mushrooms. Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese and Walnuts. Maple Glazed Carrots. Savory Green Beans.
What to serve with roast beef sliders?
Roast beef sliders pair perfectly with potatoes. You could serve it to them as the main course along with a side of fries, chips, mashed potatoes, oven-roasted potatoes, or even potato salad. But pair it with a salad if you want to lighten the meal.
How much beef per person for beef on a bun?
That equals 3 ounces of ground beef for each sandwich. You can adjust that amount an ounce or two either way, depending on the size of your bun and how meaty you like your sandwich. To serve your crowd, buy this much ground beef based on the 3-ounce recommendation.