For a tasty and filling meal, these Instant Pot Beef Ribs are cooked in the appliance until tender in just 25 minutes.
The magic of pressure cooking is responsible for the juicy, flavorful, and fall-off-the-bone tenderness of these ribs. And the best part is that even if you are a novice cook, you can easily make this recipe. After adding the ribs to the Instant Pot, you can set it and forget it with very little preparation time.
You can adjust the rub to your preferences by incorporating more or fewer of the various ingredients. Additionally, you can modify the cooking time in accordance with the thickness of your ribs to guarantee that they are always cooked to perfection.
An excellent way to save time and energy is to prepare ribs in an Instant Pot. Ribs can take hours to cook using conventional techniques like grilling or baking in the oven. Without sacrificing any flavor or tenderness, the Instant Pot allows you to prepare delicious, fall-off-the-bone ribs in a fraction of the time.
Instant Pot – I prepare all of my recipes in a 6-quart Instant Pot Plus. As it takes more than the 6 quart to create steam, you will need to adjust the amount of liquid if you’re using an 8-quart pot.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT RIBS
- First, place the stainless steel container into the Instant Pot.
- Next, fill the container with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
- Place a trivet or silicone steamer basket inside the container following that.
- The next step is to arrange your rack of beef ribs on a flat surface.
- Sprinkle the homemade barbecue seasoning from my delectable BBQ turkey sliders over the top half. You can use some pre-made BBQ rub if you don’t have the individual seasonings. If you want to keep your recipe low carb, just make sure there isn’t any added sugar in it.
- Now, rub the seasoning into the beef ribs with a spoon or your fingers. Place the ribs on the trivet or steamer basket.
- Put on the pressure cooker lid. Make sure that the vent is set to sealed. Hit manual high pressure.
- Change the time to 22 minutes. After 10 minutes, wait for the pressure to release naturally before manually releasing the remaining pressure.
WHAT IS THE TRIVET FOR THE INSTANT POT?
You may or may not have used a trivet if you have previously prepared a recipe in the Instant Pot. A trivet is typically a metal stand with a height of 1-4 inches that you can use to cook food without having it sit in liquid. The pressure cooker needs liquid to build pressure. Without added liquid no recipe will work at all.
Some of my preferred trivets for the Instant Pot are listed below.
- Super basic trivet without arms. This one works well for making items that would typically fit very snugly in circular containers, such as my Instant Pot Low Carb Cheesecake.
- Taller trivets are very useful because they let you cook multiple foods at once. It is possible to cook something in a liquid below while also cooking it in a container above.
- Now, some trivets come with built-in steamer baskets. This will save you from having to do one more dish, which is very convenient.
HOW LONG DO YOU PRESSURE COOK RIBS?
With these beef ribs. In the Instant Pot, I prefer to cook them for 22 to 25 minutes. You can either perform a 10-minute natural pressure release or wait for it to completely depressurize on its own. The texture and tenderness of the beef ribs haven’t really changed.
Now, pork ribs cook in the instant pot faster than beef ribs. In a pressure cooker, pork ribs typically cook in about 18 minutes. It was a disaster when I once attempted to cook them for 22 minutes like the beef ribs.
When I attempted to make the pork ribs from the instant pot recipe, they essentially turned into pulled pork because they were so tender they were falling apart.
THE BEST INSTANT POT RIBS RECIPE
For me, the simplest recipe for Instant Pot ribs is the best. Some days I am super lazy.
If desired, turn your oven to broil. Place the beef ribs on a cookie sheet. Top with your favorite BBQ sauce.
My favorite store bought low carb BBQ sauce is Alterna Sweets. I met the owners Misti and Jared out at KetoCon a few years ago. They are the sweetest and I love what they stand for as a company!
They even have a 100% satisfaction guarantee! They also have given me a discount code to share with my readers! Use %22LARA5%22 at checkout to get 5% off your order!
I have a recipe for homemade keto BBQ sauce that you can make if you have an extra 10 minutes. Its done in no time at all and tastes great!.
Broil for 5 minutes after adding low-carb barbecue sauce on top. BAM! The best ribs you’ve ever had that fall off the bone
HOW DO YOU REMOVE THE MEMBRANE FROM THE RIBS?
Your purchased ribs may or may not have a fatty membrane attached to them, depending on the variety. For some people, this might be terrifying, and for those of us who love high fat foods, we just start to drool. The membrane covering the ribs must first be removed if you want to.
- On the ribs, run a knife between the membrane and the bones.
- Wiggle the knife a little bit. You will notice the membrane will start to loosen. Do this until it tears apart from the bone.
- Now grab the membrane’s edge and pull it away from the bone. To make it easier for you to grasp the membrane, you might want to use gloves or a paper towel. Thats it!.
HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY RIBS ARE DONE?
Your ribs will be done when they reach an internal temperature of 165F. You can check this will a meat thermometer like this. When checking the temperature be sure to stick the thermometer into the meat only and not to touch the bone which can skew the reading
INSTANT POT BEEF RIBS VS BABY BACK RIBS
To begin with, beef ribs come from cows, as their name implies. Usually, the ribs from a rib roast make up this dish. These ribs are the “beef ribs” in the supermarket. These are the bones that have been removed from a boneless ribeye.
Pork baby back ribs come from a pig, not a cow. Compared to beef ribs, these ribs typically cook more quickly and are smaller. Check out my post where I show you how to make Instant Pot baby back ribs if you enjoy them.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH INSTANT POT RIBS
I also have low carb and keto Facebook group that Id love for you to join! Were up to over 140k members and we share our favorite low carb and keto instant pot recipes!
PRESSURE COOKER RIBS RECIPE
Instant Pot Beef Ribs
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2.5 pounds Beef ribs membrane removed
- BBQ sauce optional
- First, place the stainless steal container into the Instant Pot.
- Next, fill the container with 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.
- Place a trivet or steamer basket inside the container following that.
- Put your ribs on a flat surface after that. Sprinkle the top half with my homemade BBQ seasoning. You can use some pre-made BBQ rub if you don’t have the individual seasonings.
- Now, rub the seasoning into the ribs using a spoon or your fingers.
- Place the ribs on the trivet or steamer basket.
- Put on the IP lid. Make sure that the vent is set to sealed.
- Hit manual high pressure. Change the time to 22 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, wait for the pressure to release naturally before manually releasing the remaining pressure.
- If desired, turn your oven to broil. On a cookie sheet please the beef ribs. Top with your favorite BBQ sauce if desired. Broil for 5 minutes.
If you tried this Instant Pot Rib Recipe, I’d love it if you’d rate the recipe and let me know how you liked it in the comments below
OLD SCHOOL BBQ BEEF RIBS(IN THE INSTANT POT)(MONDAY MOTIVATIONAL MENU IDEAS SEGMENT)
Why are my ribs tough in Instant Pot?
If your ribs are tough, they were probably not cooked for a sufficient amount of time. Another factor is the size of the ribs. Make sure they are cut small enough to cook thoroughly. It’s crucial to permit the instant pot’s vent to naturally release steam.
How long do beef ribs take?
Beef ribs will require 8 to 10 hours to smoke completely. Give yourself plenty of leeway in case your particular rack of ribs takes less or more time than this recommendation as this time can vary from rack to rack. Instead of smoking meat based on cooking time, smoke meat based on its internal temperature.
How much liquid do you put in the ribs in an Instant Pot?
You must always have at least 1 cup of liquid in your Instant Pot to pressure cook the ribs. Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot before adding the ribs.