A 5-ingredient recipe for Crock Pot Queso Dip is ideal for feeding a crowd. Everyone will enjoy this spicy dip made with Velveeta cheese, Rotel, seasoned beef, and sausage!
I’m aware that there are probably an infinite number of slow cooker cheese dip recipes online, but I’m here to assure you, my friends, that this is the best Velveeta queso you’ll ever taste.
Save this recipe for later! Sign up to have this link sent directly to your inbo
It’s a great time to break out all your favorite party foods and appetizers when football season rolls around. You can always count on finding a variety of the traditional Super Bowl foods at any party, like these Jalapeno Poppers or Sausage Balls. But cheesy rotel dip is a must-have for any party, right?
This recipe elevates conventional cheese dip with sausage and ground beef to a whole new level, so I’m not just talking about any ordinary rotel cheese dip. This is a filling, hearty appetizer that never fails to please the crowd.
Why We Love this Recipe
Great taste: This dip has a fantastic Tex-Mex flavor that the whole family will love thanks to the seasonings in the ground sausage and the chili powder.
Simple appetizers are ideal when you are busy preparing a variety of dishes for a party or other gathering. The crockpot takes care of the rest of the work for you once you’ve combined all the ingredients for this dip.
Make-ahead recipe: You can prepare this dip up to two or three days in advance. On the day of the gathering, simply reheat it in the slow cooker.
What’s Needed for Slow Cooker Rotel Dip
- This recipe’s ground beef and sausage components set it apart from other cheese dips. Although we used ground Italian sausage, you could also use spicy sausage.
- Cheese: We used Velveeta. Like other cheeses, it melts incredibly easily and doesn’t clump up after a while of cooking.
- Rotel Tomatoes: You can use the spicier varieties of rotel tomatoes instead of the mild ones we used with the green chiles.
- Black pepper, salt, and chili powder give the dip a ton of flavor. Add extra if you long a strong chili flavor.
- Cream cheese: This gives the dish more creaminess and gives it a slightly tangy flavor.
How to Make the Best Rotel Dip
Step 1. Brown the sausage and hamburger meat over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Drain the excess grease.
Step 2. Season with chili powder and salt and pepper to taste.
Step 3. Fill the bottom of your crockpot with the cooked ground beef.
Step 4. Add the cubed Velveeta and cream cheese to the crockpot.
Step 5. Add rotel.
Step 6. Place the crockpot’s lid on top and choose the warm setting for 2 hours.
Step 7. Serve hot dip with your preferred chips and vegetables after stirring.
Can I Freeze Rotel Dip?
You can, but make sure to wait until the dip is room temperature before putting it in an airtight freezer-safe container. It will stay fresh for up to 3 months. The dip must first thaw out by being kept in the refrigerator overnight before being heated up. It can be warmed through in a slow cooker on the low setting or heated in a skillet over medium heat with periodic stirring.
You can, but it cannot be made in a slow cooker and left unattended. Cooking rotel cheese dip on the stove requires browning sausage and ground beef in a big cast-iron skillet and draining the fat. After that, just add the remaining ingredients to the skillet with the meat and heat it over medium-high, stirring frequently, until the butter melts. Be careful to not let the cheese burn. Turn it down to low heat if needed.
What Do you Eat with Rotel Dip with?
Because it makes a lot and serves a large number of people, this dip is ideal to serve at weddings, baby showers, holiday and Christmas parties, as well as big game parties. But if you’re anything like me, there are times when you just want it as a weekend snack. That means you’ll have leftovers. Check out these options if you’re looking for another fantastic way to serve those leftovers:
Variations and Add-ins for Crock Pot Rotel Dip Recipe
- Make it healthier: To make it a little bit lighter, swap out the ground beef for ground turkey or chicken sausage.
- Version for vegetarians: To make this dish vegetarian, swap the ground beef for black beans. Rinsed beans can be added to the slow cooker with the other ingredients without having to brown the ground beef and sausage first. (Note, this is for vegetarian, not vegan).
- Change up the cheese: Velveeta melts and becomes incredibly smooth, but you can also use regular cheese if you don’t like processed cheese. Add equal parts cream cheese with cheddar cheese. To achieve a smooth consistency, grate the cheese from a block. Pre-shredded cheese does not melt as smoothly as freshly grated cheese because it is coated to prevent it from clumping in the bag. For a nice flavor twist, you could also grate some Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese and combine it with the cheddar.
- Add chopped onion to the meat as it browns the next time you’re having a cookout or want to give this sausage rotel dip a different twist. In the slow cooker with the cheese, combine the meat, sautéed onion, one can of black beans, a packet of taco seasoning, and a few red pepper flakes. Cook the mixture until it is piping hot and bubbling.
- If you like your cheese dips spicy, you can easily up the heat in this sausage queso dip by adding a dash of cayenne or red pepper flakes. You can also use spicy pork sausage instead of mild.
Want More Party Food Recipes?
Rotel Dip Recipe With Ground Beef And Sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground sausage
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound Velveeta
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 10 ounces Rotel
- Chips & veggies for dipping
- Brown the sausage and hamburger meat over medium-high heat in a medium skillet. Drain the excess grease. 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound ground sausage.
- Season with chili powder and salt and pepper to taste. 1 Tablespoon chili powder, Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the bottom of your crockpot with the cooked ground beef.
- Add the cubed Velveeta and cream cheese to the crockpot. 1 pound Velveeta, 8 ounces cream cheese.
- Add rotel.10 ounces Rotel
- Place the crockpot’s lid on top and choose the warm setting for 2 hours.
- Serve hot dip with your preferred chips and vegetables after stirring. Chips & veggies for dipping.
THE EASIEST ROTEL DIP WITH SAUSAGE AND GROUD BEEF
What is crack dip made of?
Crack dip, a creamy, cheesy dip made with cream cheese, cheddar cheese, bacon, and ranch dressing, is what it sounds like. It is popular at gatherings and parties due to its addictive flavor.
What do you need for a Rotel?
Rotel Tomatoes: A can of rotel tomatoes adds a lot of flavor and a little heat to the Rotel Dip. Meat: This recipe calls for ground beef, which we love, but you could also use ground turkey or sausage. Cheese: This dip is quick and simple (and extremely creamy) thanks to Velveeta. Seasonings: I add a pinch of chili powder.
How long is Rotel dip with ground beef good for in the fridge?
Ground beef and Rotel dip keep well in the fridge for 3–4 days. The Rotel dip has a shorter shelf life because it contains meat.
How to make Rotel dip without Velveeta cheese?
Ingredients1 tablespoon butter. 1 tablespoon all purpose flour*3/4 cup whole milk. Freshly grated Cheddar cheese, 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) (do not use pre-shredded as it will clump and not melt smoothly), and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon salt. 1 teaspoon Tabasco (optional)1 can Rotel tomatoes, drained.