This tender, smoky, and flavorful Air Fryer Beyond Burger is simple to make and ready in just 10 minutes. Vegan and gluten-free!.
You need look no further than this air fryer beyond burger if you’ve been searching for delectable vegetarian burgers that taste just like the real thing!
It truly astounds me how closely meat-like plant-based foods can taste. Even the biggest meat-lover wont realize that its vegan!.
Check out my Beyond Meat Chili and Beyond Meat Vegan Bolognese for additional recipes using alternatives to meat. [feast_advanced_jump_to].
Why You’ll Love This Dish
- Quick and easy- dinner is ready in under 15 minutes!
- Yummy! They look and taste like regular burgers
- Vegetarianism is a fantastic way to increase your intake of plant-based foods.
- Kid-friendly- even picky eaters will love them
What is a Beyond Burger?
The Beyond Burger is a plant-based burger that resembles classic beef burgers in both appearance and flavor. It is produced by the 2009-founded company Beyond Meat.
The Impossible Burger, its main rival, and the Beyond Burger have grown to be the two leading brands in the meatless burger market. These businesses are attempting to create meatless meat products that actually taste like meat as more people try to reduce their meat consumption.
Beyond Meat’s patty is made from a blend of plant proteins. It contains a mixture of pea, mung bean, and rice proteins, canola and coconut oil, potato starch, and beet juice extract to give the “meat” its pink color. Heres the full list of ingredients in the Beyond patty.
Vegan and free of soy, gluten, and GMOs, Beyond Burgers They are also kosher certified.
You can find Beyond Burgers on menus at restaurants and fast food establishments. You can also buy them in grocery stores or online. Look for them in the freezer section of the grocery store. Sometimes youll find them defrosted and stored in a refrigerated case.
Rising Popularity of Plant-Based Meat
As more people attempt to cut back on their meat consumption for health and environmental reasons, the demand for plant-based meat substitutes has increased significantly in recent years.
Sales of plant-based dairy and meat alternatives reached $29.4 billion in 2020, and are expected to increase fivefold by 2030!
Companies like Beyond Meat sell meatless alternatives to burgers, such as crumbles of “ground beef” that can be added to tacos or bolognese sauce, meatballs, breakfast sausage patties, chicken tenders, and jerky.
A diet rich in plant-based foods like fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes has many health benefits. It can help lower your blood pressure, reduce your risk of heart disease and stroke, lower your risk of digestive problems, and even prevent some types of cancer.
Why Make Beyond Burgers in an Air Fryer?
No need to wait for your oven to heat up or flip burgers over a hot stove when you cook Beyond Burgers in the air fryer, the burgers come out perfect every time. Air fryers are quick to heat up, cook food quickly, and are simple to clean.
A healthy cooking technique that uses little oil is air frying. A countertop air fryer is essentially a small convection oven. Instead of using hot oil, air fryers use hot air to cook food.
An air fryer’s top heating element and mechanical fan work together to more effectively move hot air around your food. This gives your food a nice, crispy exterior while preserving its juicy, moist interior.
Burger patties should be defrosted before cooking for the best flavor and texture, as well as to ensure that they are thoroughly heated. In order to avoid forgetting, move your Beyond Burgers from the freezer to the refrigerator the night before you intend to eat them.
However, there are times when you’re in a rush and need to quickly prepare dinner because you didn’t make enough preparations. You can prepare frozen Beyond Burgers in the air fryer as described in this post with a few tips.
Read my post Why You Need An Air Fryer In Your Life if you’re on the fence about getting one.
Read my Easy Oven to Air Fryer Conversion Guide and download my handy conversion chart to learn how to modify any recipe to cook in your air fryer!
- Beyond Burgers– you can use refrigerated or frozen patties
- Any type of air fryer may be used for this recipe. I use the Ninja Max XL 5. 5 quart air fryer.
Best Air Fryer
Looking for an air fryer? I love the Ninja Max XL 5.5 quart Air Fryer. The large basket is perfect for a family of four.
- Step 1- Start with refrigerated or frozen Beyond Burgers. Remove the burgers from the packaging.
- Step 2- Preheat your air fryer to 360°F. Burgers should be arranged in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook for 4 minutes if using cold patties; for frozen patties, cook for 6 minutes.
- Step 3- Flip the burgers. For chilled patties, cook the second side for an additional 3–4 minutes. (5-6 minutes for frozen patties). When a burger reaches an internal temperature of 165°F as measured with a meat thermometer, it is considered to be finished. When fully cooked, the edges of the burgers’ interiors may still be pink or red; this is normal.
- Step 4: Top your Beyond Burgers with your preferred condiments, such as tomato, lettuce, red onion, pickles, and vegan cheese, and serve. If preferred, top with homemade Burger Sauce (recipe card below).
- You do not need to spray or brush your air fryer basket with oil because Beyond Burgers already contain oil.
- For simple cleanup, you can line the air fryer basket with parchment paper that has holes in it.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket when placing the patties in the air fryer; do so in a single layer. You might need to cook them in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Flip the burgers halfway through for even browning.
- When the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165°F as measured with a meat thermometer, they are finished cooking.
- If you want to add cheese to your burgers, do so after the burgers have finished cooking. Close the basket and turn off the air fryer for about 30 seconds. The residual heat will melt the cheese.
Want to make clean up easier? Use perforated parchment paper to line your air fryer basket when making these Beyond Burgers!
For most foods, its a good idea to spray or brush the air fryer basket with oil to prevent food from sticking. However with some products, like Beyond Burgers or frozen chicken nuggets, you do not need to use any oil. These products already have oil in them so they typically wont stick to the basket. You can use perforated parchment paper to line your air fryer basket for easier clean up.
Beyond burgers have 230 calories per patty. They are plant-based so they have no cholesterol. Compared to a 4-ounce 80/20 ground beef burger, they have 35% less saturated fat They contain a lot of vitamins and minerals, such as zinc and vitamin B12, and have a lot of protein (20 grams per burger). However, they are more processed than standard burgers and have higher sodium content.
Beyond Burgers are sold to grocery stores frozen. Typically, you can locate them in the store’s freezer section. You can find them thawed and kept in a refrigerator case in some supermarkets. You can keep them in the refrigerator or freezer at home. Once theyre defrosted, they should be consumed within 10 days. They must be used within three days of the package being opened.
For the best flavor and texture, Beyond Meat advises thawing frozen hamburger patties before cooking them. However, you can use the air fryer to prepare frozen Beyond Burgers. Youll need to cook them longer than refrigerated Beyond Burgers. I air fry frozen Beyond Burgers at 360°F for six minutes, flip them over, and cook them for an additional five to six minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. The make and model of your air fryer will determine how long to cook.
Master Your Air Fryer with My New Digital Book!
The Ultimate Air Fryer Cookbook & Guide eBook (Only $99)
You’ll find 35 delicious and guilt-free recipes that you can make quickly and easily in the air fryer so that you can cook more efficiently. Plus, FREE bonus cooking time guides (cheat sheets) included!.
How to Serve Air Fryer Beyond Burgers
Serve Beyond Burgers in an air fryer the same way you would serve regular hamburgers. Place them on a bun and top with your preferred condiments, such as vegan cheese, lettuce, tomato, and onion.
You can also use my homemade Burger Sauce, which I make by combining ketchup, mayo, and pickle juice (see recipe card below), to top them.
Here are some delectable side dish selections to accompany your Beyond Burgers. Additionally, you could serve them with sweet potato or regular fries.
Beyond Burgers can also be chopped up and added to salads or burrito bowls as a topping. Along with these dishes, I make jalapeo poppers and grain bowls with Beyond Meat. It’s a fantastic way to give vegetarian dishes a protein boost.
Check out my collection of tasty air fryer recipes if you’re looking for more.
IF YOU WANT MORE HEALTHY RECIPES, JOIN MY EMAIL LIST AND I’LL SEND YOU A FREE COPY OF MY SUPERFOOD RECIPES EBOOK AS WELL AS WEEKLY RECIPES!
How To Cook Beyond Burgers (Fresh or Frozen) in Air Fryer
- ▢ 2 Beyond Burgers
- ▢ Hamburger buns
- Cheese or vegan cheese, tomato, lettuce, red onion, pickles, etc.
- ▢ ¼ cup ketchup
- ▢ 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (can use vegan mayonnaise)
- ▢ 2 teaspoons pickle juice (from a jar of pickles)
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Remove the burgers from their packaging and arrange them in a single layer in the air fryer basket to cook refrigerated Beyond Burgers. Cook 4 minutes. The burgers should be cooked through and have an internal temperature of 165°F after being turned over and cooked for an additional 3–4 minutes.
- To cook frozen Beyond Burgers, remove them from their packaging and arrange them in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Cook 6 minutes. The burgers should be cooked through and have an internal temperature of 165°F after being turned over and cooked for an additional 5 to 6 minutes.
- If desired, place the Beyond Burgers on buns and top with your preferred condiments, such as tomato, lettuce, red onion, and pickles.
- If desired, serve the burgers with homemade Burger Sauce. Combine the ketchup, mayonnaise, and pickle juice in a bowl to make the burger sauce.
Dr. Sonali Ruder
Meet Dr. ER physician, chef, and culinary innovator Sonali Ruder, aka The Foodie Physician
Air Fryer Beyond Burgers – How to cook your favourite beyond beef burgers in the air fryer!
How long do you cook Beyond Burgers in the air fryer?
The patties should be lightly rubbed with black pepper and salt on both sides. Transfer them to the basket of your air fryer using a spatula. Air fry for 8-9 minutes, flipping halfway through. When the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (74 degrees C), you can tell they are ready.
How long do you cook Beyond Burger patty?
Cook the Beyond Burger® thoroughly in a pan over medium-high heat for at least 3 minutes. 5-4 minutes per side.
How long to cook a thawed Beyond Burger in an air fryer?
Transfer the Beyond Burger patties to the air fryer basket. Cook the burgers for 8 minutes, flipping them once halfway through, for thawed patties. They should be golden brown on the outside when done. Cook the burgers for 15 to 18 minutes while flipping them halfway if using frozen patties.
How to cook Impossible Burger patties in air fryer?
Put the patties in the basket in a single layer and give them a light oiling. Air fry for 5 minutes at 380 degrees F. Flip the patties carefully, then cook for an additional 4-6 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.