Chicken breast is a staple ingredient in many households, and for good reason. It’s a healthy, protein-packed food that’s both versatile and easy to prepare. Whether you’re cooking for one or feeding a crowd, cooking chicken breast in the oven is a simple and delicious way to enjoy this lean meat.
But, let’s face it, cooking plain chicken breast can be a bit boring and sometimes turn out dry and tough. That’s why we’re here to show you how to cook the juiciest, most flavorful chicken breast in the oven. Keep reading for our step-by-step guide.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease it with cooking spray.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with paper towels and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried thyme.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: Cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of the chicken breasts. Thicker breasts may require a few extra minutes of baking time, while thinner breasts may cook more quickly. To ensure that the chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature.
There are many ways to enjoy oven-baked chicken breast. Here are a few of our favorite serving suggestions:
- Serve with a side of roasted vegetables for a complete and balanced meal.
- Top with your favorite sauce, such as marinara, pesto, or barbecue sauce.
- Add to a salad for a protein-packed lunch.
- Shred the chicken and use it in tacos, burritos, or enchiladas.
With these simple steps, you’ll be able to cook perfectly juicy and flavorful chicken breast in the oven every time. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy dinner or meal prep for the week, this versatile and delicious dish is sure to become a staple in your kitchen.