I’ve got you covered if you want to spice up your ground beef!For years, I used the same old seasonings (garlic, onion, salt, I’m excited to share 11 good ground beef seasoning recipes with you because there is so much more you can do with ground beef despite this being a nice blend.
Let’s be real. Ground beef makes for super easy meals. However, it can be quite boring. Personally, I find the same flavors boring after a while.
I’ve included both some traditional ground beef seasonings and some very uncommon mixtures in the list below.
We will begin with some dry seasoning mixtures that you can prepare right away and store for later use. I’ll then demonstrate some additional techniques for enhancing ground beef using more recent ingredients.
How to Season Ground Beef
- Heat olive oil over medium-high.
- Add chopped onion to the pan and cook until tender.
- Next add ground beef, garlic, and seasonings. Stir.
- 15 minutes more of cooking and stirring is required to brown the beef.
- Enjoy in tacos, in spaghetti sauce, chili, etc.
How to Freeze Ground Beef
- Let ground beef completely cool.
- Place the beef flat on the counter after placing it in a freezer bag.
- Remove any additional air from the freezer bag, then firmly close it.
- Label the bag with a sharpie. (Don’t forget to date it. ).
- For up to four months, cooked ground beef can be kept in the freezer.
Here are some the items I use to cook with:
*This post contains affiliate links.
You will be amazed at how much less stressful dinner time is when you have ready portioned and cooked to perfection meat that you can grab out of the freezer at any time! Your life is about to get so much easier.
It would mean so much to us if you tried this recipe and liked it by leaving a comment and giving it a high rating.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 clove minced garlic
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Add oil to a heavy duty pan over medium-high heat.
- Break up the ground beef and add to the pan, distributing evenly.
- Add onion, garlic and dry seasonings, stir.
- 15 minutes more of cooking and stirring is required to brown the meat.
- Enjoy in any simple dinner recipe, including chili, tacos, pasta, lasagna, and stroganoff!
Try some of these super easy ground beef dinner recipes:
Originally posted on August 16th, 2017, this article has been updated with a video and more information.
How To Cook Ground Beef
What can I add to ground beef for flavor?
Onions, garlic, salt, and pepper are some flavorings that you can add to ground beef. Additionally, adding green onions as a garnish enhances the flavor.
What should I season beef with?
The following spices taste great with beef:Cumin. Cinnamon. Dark chilis. Red pepper flakes. Cayenne pepper. Curry powder. Mustard powder.
Are you supposed to season ground beef?
Season the Ground Beef Adding salt to uncooked ground beef causes the meat to dry out and produce steam during cooking, which prevents the meat from properly browning. Other seasonings work similarly, but for a different reason.
How to season up beef?
How Do I Season Beef?Basil. We love basil on almost everything. Black Pepper. Black pepper and regular salt are always a good choice. Chili Powder. Another fantastic method for adding flavor to your meat is by using chili powder. Onion. Onion, like garlic, goes with just about everything. Tarragon.